Be part of an integrated global team managing and maintaining our cloud platform and associated Infrastructure. The Devops Engineer responsibilities include overseeing and ensuring a highly available, easily manageable production architecture.
Candidates should be comfortable developing mission critical tools and trouble-shooting processes at the application, system and network layers.
Responsibilities include monitoring tool development, working with development teams on monitoring solutions, trouble-shooting of applications and support of production applications (Containerised, Java Based and Microsoft IIS).
• Develop, deploy and manage highly scalable and highly available platforms, monitoring and maintaining service performance and availability metrics.
• The ideal candidate will work closely with the Development team to bring new software releases to production more effectively and take ownership of the configuration management platforms.
• 5+ years of experience in a relevant technical position
• Demonstrated proficiency in DevOps, Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technologies (Chef, Docker, Jenkins etc.)
• Programming / scripting experience (Java, Python, Bash Scripts)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong customer focus
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong understanding of Linux, capable with Windows
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or a related field
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/Azure is required)
• AWS/Azure certification advantageous
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Network stack understanding – Layer 2 to Layer 7
• Experience with relational and non-relational data bases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra).